2002-01-07 - 9:05 p.m.
My favorite pictures of Verona. In words, since I cannot put them up here.
1. From about 6 years ago. She is crouched on the lip of the Grand Canyon wearing black clothes and dark glasses. She's frowning and she looks like a Chicana activist from the 70s due to her stance and her 70s style glasses and serious look. She looks really sexy. I'm sitting near her in a flowered chiffon dress (my hiking outfit). I look really dorky.
2. Laughing at Chili's Restaurant. Taken maybe 5 years ago. Wearing a really girly flowered shirt and trying to hide behind her hands.
3. Sitting on a log with me in front of the Colorado River. We are both smiling and look very couply. We look like we are in the middle of nowhere.
4. Sitting on the trunk of her parents' car as her brothers stand on either side of her. She's probably about 3 or 4 years old. She looks very serious and is dressed up in a plaid dress dress with a big white collar. Her feet are crossed at the ankles and she's wearing red mary janes.
5. Senior or junior year of high school. She has those hair wings we all had in the early 80s. She has a camera and is at a football game. If I had known her then, we would've been high school sweethearts, because she looks so cute.
6. Sitting at a table in her classroom, not looking at the camera, frowning and concentrating on something. From the fall before we made it official --- when there was a lot of tension in the air.
In February we will have been together for 4 years. Sometimes that amazes me because it feels like we've been together forever and sometimes I'm astonished that it has been that long. It's weird how someone can change your life.